Intimacy with Jesus
- We focus all we do on Jesus and His Kingdom
- We practice openness to the Holy Spirit and God’s leading
- We rely on the power of God
Relationships, not programs or empty religion
- We use simple, functional structures and programs to serve the people, not people to serve the programs (avoiding over-programming and complicated structures).
- We lead and coach (disciple) by example, then instruction.
- We share with those who want to receive (relational faith sharing and coaching)
Christian faith community
- We are committed to believing in and following Jesus.
- We live our lives as an expression of obedience and submission to Him and inviting His presence into our community.
- We are a community that seeks after and submits to the Word of God
- We encourage each other to follow Jesus more closely, promoting integrity within our community.
All who believe in Jesus and receive His indwelling Spirit have a personal call and ministry to God’s service as they follow Jesus. This is empowered by a gift, or gifts, of the Holy Spirit, as equals in God’s sight, regardless of position or gifting:
- We are mutually submissive to one another as we use our gifts for the common good.
- We work to provide followers of Jesus within our community with opportunities to discover, explore, and master the expression of their God-given gifting.
- We believe all spiritual gifts are available to all people as God chooses.
Being a 24 hour church
- We know that following Jesus isn’t a spectator sport
- We practice faith, prayer and worship as a way of life (not just program attendance)
- We prepare for and work towards around-the-clock ministry
- We are mission-focussed. We work out of a faith community context to those who don’t have a relationship with Jesus and/or are in need, with the desire to see the Great Commission fulfilled and our community grow.
- We desire to see people taking part in our supportive, life-giving faith community as functioning members and partners in the cause of following Jesus Christ
- We practice experiential faith not conceptual faith. The Good News of Jesus Christ is demonstrated through the power of God working in the lives of people and the world around us.
- We attach importance to relevance (especially cultural) with integrity
- We desire to express unconditional love to all we meet.
Prayer and strategic intercession
- We express prayer and intercession as being formative, foundational and functional in every aspect of the life of Missionheart. It is not just beneficial; it is essential on both personal and corporate levels.
- We practice spiritual warfare, our focus is always God and obedience to Him, and we resist Satan in light of this, not allowing him to put us off our call.
- We acknowledge the power of God and His salvation in Christ Jesus and pray for this salvation, healing, deliverance, miracles and God’s divine intervention.
“Love the Lord Your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbour as yourself. All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Jesus (NIV) Matthew 22:37-40
“I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in Me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask Me for anything in My name, and I will do it.” Jesus (NIV) John 14:12-14