(Updated August 2020)
Some of our current practical needs include:
- lunches in take away containers that can be frozen and then distributed to those in need
- long life pantry food items
- groups of volunteers who are happy to provide and serve the lunch once every few months at our Gathering
- desktop computer in excellent working condition for our office space
In October/November we collect items for our Christmas Hampers. We usually distribute more than eighty generous hampers to those in need at Christmas time. Items we can use for hampers include most long life food items and a few special items. Some ideas are:
- long life milk
- tea and coffee
- canned meat and soups
- dry noodles
- hygiene items such as toothpaste, deodorant, toilet paper
- Christmas food such as puddings, mince pies, lollies etc.
- Items that can be given as special Christmas gifts with our hampers (usually especially needed for men). For some of the people that we give hampers to, this will be the only gift they receive this Christmas.
Please also view our current Practical Needs for Missionhouse.