Purpose and Mission
Missionheart’s belief is that all we do must be about relationship, and that our primary relationship must be with Jesus. We desire and need to become more and more intimate with Jesus and assist others towards the same. In doing this we will be fulfilling the great commission and achieving our God-breathed dreams and purpose for our lives. The purpose, meaning, healing, and hope that are natural by-products of this deepening relationship with the one true living God will naturally flow into other relationships, our relationship with self, and a life commitment to the cause of Christ Jesus.
Living out this powerful mission statement; “Through intimacy with Jesus bringing healing and wholeness to the people,” is the path to fullness of life. Intimacy with Jesus will help us to see the world and everyone in it through His eyes. It will mean, among other things, a better world view and self view, healthier relationships, and increased social conscience, a greater ability to deal with frustration and opposition. It will open doors for God to work in great power in and through our lives both individually and as a community.
The Missionheart Community exists to:
- help the people we are called to serve find an ever-deepening personal intimacy with Jesus Christ
- create an atmosphere where people can experience God’s love and a Christian faith community
- help people find acceptance, belonging, faith, hope, healing, wholeness and freedom.
We will facilitate this process by establishing a local, culturally relevant, worshipping community that:
- is open to the Holy Spirit and God’s leading
- practices personal, relational faith sharing (evangelism) and faith coaching (discipleship)
- practices faith in Jesus, prayer and worship as a way of life
- offers a range of programs and services that are accessible, creative innovate and practical in addressing the needs of the people of the city
- exercises New Testament Biblical principles.
All ministry will be based upon the principle that we are to act with charitable concern for and to help all persons in need of any assistance through the practical expression of Christian faith in action, regardless of the race, gender, social status or religious affiliation of the person concerned.